The variant of poker called Texas Hold'em is currently the most popular in the world, being the most players of all existing. In him they face of 2 to 11 players to each other.
It is a game in which each player tries to get as many chips as possible in each hand, or having the best possible move by combining two cards of their own and five common cards to beat the moves of the other players, or by making the rest of the cards opponents leave the hand in one of the betting turns that take place in each phase of the game.
Preparation of the game
The essential elements that are needed for a game of Texas Hold'em to be carried out are: a French deck consisting of 52 cards, poker chips different colors (each with a value) to make bets and a table large depending on the number of players.
The croupier will be in charge of managing the game if we are in the room of a physical casino, if you play online there is a virtual croupier, but if it is a game without a croupier, one of the players will play that role.
We also need a differentiated tab that tells us which player occupies the reference position D (Dealer).
As already indicated, the table varies depending on the number of participants, although usually, it usually has an oval shape, leaving the dealer (if any) located in the central part reserved for that purpose.
Classification of plays for Texas Hold'em
The value of the plays, is what will determine, in the final moment of showing the cards during the last phase of the hand (showdown), which player takes the pot of chips bet.
These are the possible combinations of cards that we can obtain. To see their strength with respect to other moves they have been ordered from highest to lowest value:
• Royal Flush - It is the best Color Ladder, the one that is formed with the cards A, K, Q, J, 10 of the same suit. It is the most coveted hand, since it is the best move we can get.
• Straight Flush - Ladder consisting of 5 cards of consecutive order and all of them must be of the same suit (hearts, diamonds, spades or clubs).
• Poker - The famous move composed of 4 cards of the same value.
• Full - It is obtained with a trio and a pair (3 cards of the same value and 2 cards of another).
• Color - Made up of 5 cards of the same suit (not consecutive).
• Ladder - There are 5 cards with consecutive values that are not of the same suit.
• Trio - Formed by 3 cards of the same value.
• Double Couple - It consists of having 2 pairs of cards of different value between them.
• Couple - They are 2 cards of the same value.
• High Card - Combination of the five highest cards when none of the previous moves is formed.